As excited as couples are for their wedding day, preparation for that special occasion can also be stressful.
The bride and groom can be overwhelmed with the endless list of things to do, including the styling of the wedding venue.
That’s why there are wedding decorators to help on this specific aspect of the nuptials.
Engaging the services of a good wedding decorator should take away some of the couple’s stresses. If you aren’t familiar with wedding decorators and what they do, here’s everything that you need to know.
What are wedding decorators?
They are responsible for putting up the decorative items you or your planner purchased according to the wedding theme, except for the flowers. These items include, but are not limited to centrepieces, linens, signages, drapes, lightings, and wall hangings.
Wedding decorators are in-charge of styling the venues (indoor or outdoor) and make the decorations look pleasing to the eye. They have the experience of a home interior designer and will ensure that all decorative pieces are in the right place.
With a wedding decorator on your team, you can rest assured that your wedding will be nothing short of picture-perfect.
When do you need a wedding decorator?
At first, a wedding decorator might seem like a luxury but you’ll be surprised at how it can actually help you save time (and money) in the whole course of the wedding planning. Here are a few reasons why.
1. If you or your better-half have no idea whatsoever about decorating, or you feel overwhelmed by putting together all the decorative elements of your theme to make them look good together, then you should consider hiring a wedding decorator.
Simply specify what theme or style you want to achieve, and they will do the hard work for you.
2. You may want to achieve something creative and unique for your wedding and although you both have eyes for design and styles, you don’t know where to start.
In this case, hiring a decorator also makes sense. They can help you make sense of your preferences, source the decorations, add personal touches, and even put them up for you!
3. Hire wedding decorators if you want to ensure that the theme, motif and branding are consistent in all aspects of your event. With all the things on your mind during the wedding preparation, it will be hard to track if everything is in unison.
So, why not delegate the task of overseeing your decorations to the experts. You’ll be guaranteed that nothing is out of place during the wedding day.
4. Another reason to hire a wedding decorator is to save time and energy. Let a team of professional decorators do the hard work for you, so you can dedicate the time and effort to other important aspects of the wedding that require your attention.
How to look for a good wedding decorator?
If you decide to get the help of a wedding decorator, you must know how to pick the right vendor.
There are many businesses out there that offer this service, but not all of them will fit your needs. So, how do you know which one to choose? The best way to do it is to set-up a meeting with the decorators near you.
Once done, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the wedding decorator within your budget range?
- Is the vendor available on your wedding date?
- Does the business have good reviews online?
- Are you impressed with the decorator’s past wedding projects?
- Were you comfortable talking with the decorator?
- Did they listen to your ideas?
- Did you feel that your ideas were valued?
If your answer is “Yes” to all these questions for a particular wedding decorator, then go ahead and hire that vendor.
How do you get the most out of your wedding decorator?
When you’ve found a decorator you can work with, it’s important that you maximise its services by letting them do their thing!
Wedding decorators are experts at what they do. They have worked with hundreds of couples and these experiences gave them advanced skills and creativity in wedding decoration.
So, make sure to solicit as many ideas as you can from your chosen decorator. Even if you already have a good picture of what you want to achieve, it is the decorator’s expertise that will make it come to life.
Make sure to inform them of your expectations, budget, and timeline so they can give you a more realistic insight about your decoration goals.
If you have limited time and budget, give the wedding decorators some flexibility to defer from your expectations. This way, they can produce the best wedding decorations based on the available resources and close enough to your original idea.
Most importantly, trust the artistic instinct of the wedding decorators, whether you’re getting married in a garden, a barn, or a church. With their experience and knowledge in working with different wedding venues, you can trust that your wedding decorations will look great on your special day.
Have a Hinterland Wedding at Cedar Creek Estate
Whether you are aiming for a glamorous, minimalist, or classic style for your wedding, the wedding decorators will take care of the venue for you. Not only will they help create the best decorations, but they will also help relieve some pressure off your shoulders so you can have more relaxed wedding preparations.
If you are looking for an outdoor wedding venue with complimentary table decorations, then visit Cedar Creek Estate. We have three beautiful wedding venues perched at the top of Mount Tamborine.